Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

The Burger Joint


242 King St
San Francisco, CA 94199
(415) 371-1600

Review This Restaurant




I went to the A's vs. Giants game in San Francisco yesterday and decided to walk around the stadium to see where we wanted to eat. Almost ate at a taqueria I came across, but found out they didn't have beer which probably explained why the place was so empty. Continued walking on and came across The Burger Joint. I saw beer specials, and good beers on tap so it was perfect. I Ordered the the cheeseburger and fries ($9.25) and a Fat Tire ($3.00). I asked the guy at the counter if their cheddar or their pepper jack was better, he said to go with the pepper jack. After a few minutes they brought out the burger. The first thing I noticed was all the nice fresh produce. Really nice looking pieces of tomato, red onion, pickles and lettuce. I did notice they didn't have any A-1 so I put ketchup on my burger for the 1st time in a while. I realized as I was sitting there that I had forgotten to ask for the burger to be cooked medium rare, and then thought to myself that this probably wasn't the kind of place where I would be able to get it that way anyway. Much to my surprise on my 1st bite I realized it was cooked perfectly. Nice and medium rare, and a nice juicy burger. I was really surprised how good this burger was. Their fries were also really good. Steak fries cooked just really well with the perfect amount of crunch. My friend I went with ordered a veggie burger which he really liked as well. I noticed a small menu with what had what they called some new items, including a turkey burger and Philly Cheese Steak which I'm betting all of which are good. If you are ever near AT&T Park in San Francisco looking for a good deal on beers, and some quick cheap food then I would definitely recommend checking out The Burger Joint.
Quality of food = 7
Service = 7
Value = 8
Cleanliness = 8

Avg cost per person - $13 no tip  

No comments: