Check out the new Return Visits section in Jeff's Reviews. Located on the bottom of the review, it will show my thoughts on follow up visits to a location.

Pier Market

Pier 39
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415) 989-7437
www.piermarket.com
Map It
Menu

Review This Restaurant


I took the family to Pier 39 in San Francisco the other day. We got there around noon, so it wasn't long before we were all pretty hungry. There we were in the middle of Pier 39, so we didn't have many non touristy options. I looked around a little and decided on Pier Market. They had a pretty decent selection of kids meals for $5, and their other prices considering the location actually weren't that bad. We had the option of either waiting a little while for a table, or being seated next to a table with a little baby. We decided to be seated right away and wasn't long before I regretted it. The kid was constantly screaming, and kept grabbing things off our table which got really old. After a few minutes the waitress came by to take our orders and drop off what I think was the best thing I had while we were there, some sourdough bread. Both the girls wanted the popcorn shrimp ($4.95). I was torn between the grilled swordfish ($17.95) or the crab cakes ($16.95). I went with the crab cakes. My wife ordered the Fisherman's Platter ($17.95) which was fried calamari, fish and chips and I think shrimp. She wasn't too thrilled with her order at all. Honestly, not sure what she was expecting she was going to get... My crab cakes were pretty decent, although when they first came out they weren't cold, but not hot either. After sending them back they did come back nice and hot. The cole slaw they were served with was OK, but nothing special. In all, not a horrible meal, but nothing to write home about. I will say after walking to the bathroom and seeing the open fired mesquite grill on the way I was wishing I had gone with that grilled swordfish.

Quality of food = 7
Service = 7
Value = 7
Cleanliness = 8

Avg cost per person - $25 with tip

No comments: